Pictures =)

Pictures =)

Monday, October 19, 2009

Final Thoughts...



I am proud to say that I did not cheat at all =) I was a good girl and stuck to this project. However, I did have the desire to cheat. I wanted to listen to my iPod so bad at times that I found myself reaching toward it. I never gave into that desire. I found myself relying on my other technologies more because of my lack of my iPod. I was talking on the phone more and playing on the computer to fill up time or procrastinate. Mostly, I turned to my phone to talk to friends and family. I was really able to get in touch with a lot of people that I hadn't had the chance to really talk to in a while. It was a good learning experience (as my roommate would say) and I'm glad I had this opportunity. My best friend and I have gotten a lot closer because I gave up my iPod and I was also able to catch up on the news from back home. This exercise made me realize that we really do rely on technologies a lot more than I think any of us realized. Not just for things like occupying time but for important things like keeping in touch with loved ones, studying for exams, and even allowing for pain to be forgotten. I'm not a fan of how addicted to my iPod, cell phone, laptop etc. I am but they are things that help me to be able to go to a college 3 hours from my hometown and all my loved ones. I also realized that when I'm with my family or my best friend at home, then I don't rely on these technologies as much as I do when I'm away. When I'm home, I can be happy just sitting with my best friend in the kitchen cooking dinner or sitting outside watching the stars with my sisters. These are the times I enjoy most and really experience happiness. The technology we have now allows me to stay in touch with them and keep that feeling of home and true happiness with me at all times no matter how far away I am. 

Overall, I liked this experience and the things I discovered. I'm proud to say I learned a good lesson and that I never cheated on this assignment. Tomorrow I return to using my iPod to occupy my thoughts. I can't wait =)

No comments:

Post a Comment