So here's to all my fellow sufferers... A Song from the TV Show "Glee." I absolutely love this show and this cover of the song "Keep Holding On" by Avril Lavigne. I hope you're all staying strong!
Pictures =)
Friday, October 16, 2009
Day #1 begins =/
I woke up this morning to my roommate getting ready to go to a lecture class for her Observation hours as a part of her education class. Now normally, when the noise level is too loud for me to sleep, I plug in my iPod and listen to the soothing sounds of my special playlist to lull me back into my unconscious state. However, this morning I was not allowed to touch that blessed device and instead was forced to hear the shuffles and door slamming that accompanied my roommate getting ready. Don't get me wrong... I love my roommate. It's just sometimes, she doesn't realize how loud she's actually being. I tried to use mind tricks to convince myself that there was no noise and that I could just drift off once again without a problem but no such luck occurred. So now here I am, tired and annoyed as I sit here writing with my lonely iPod sitting next to me on the charger with a black screen. It's begging for me to pick it up and rock out to my favorite songs. It whispers of promised happiness and the ability to drown out all other things in the world. Maybe this is going to be harder than I thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ithink your reliance on your ipod for " mood adjustment" is a pretty common thing. It used to be a radio-related phenomenon, but the ipod clearly gives us more control over what we will hear ( soothing, upbeat, etc.0 so it gives us more control over how we use music to regulate out mood. it stands to reason this would be missed...
ReplyDelete